Welcome to Delhi Cambridge School.
Our aim is to give your child the best possible start to life in school and to see them progress to be happy, independent and responsible people. At DCS, we have high expectations of the children and all the adults within the school’s community. To ensure the best outcomes for the children of DCS, we need to build good partnerships between school, children and home. We value the contribution made by parents and carers towards your child’s education and will be available to discuss any concerns you may have.
Delhi Cambridge School has been promoted by an educational Non- profit Society registered under the Indian Societies Act, 1860. DCS is a Co-educational English-medium Pre-collegiate upper-end school located at a prime location in Zirakpur. The school has been established with a view to nurture the child from a very early impressionable age in an open multi-dimensional environment. The emphasis always & invariably is on the balanced & integrated development of the body, the mind & the spirit so as to produce adults who are physically, mentally & spiritually mature enough to handle & face the vicissitudes of life with optimism, courage & fortitude.
Vision & Mission
DCS has a Vision of creating a cosmopolitan outlook in every child that joins the School. It aims at providing a strong moral
foundation for the development of the child’s personality , without getting into the polemics of religion. The inculcation of the
spirit of tolerance along with the determination to achieve & the desire to excel in all the endeavours is the central objective of the School’s Mission.
It is the School’s endeavour to teach the children to:
- Develop the courage to be impatient but also have the patience to be brave
- Enjoy the pleasure of winning but also learn to lose with grace; Rejoice in the wonder of books as also to ponder the eternal mystery of birds in the sky, bees in the sun & flowers on a hillside.
- Appreciate that for every enemy there is a friend & for every scoundrel a hero
- Understand that a rupee earned is of far more value than five stolen or found
- Learn that a good work done is its own reward & that it is far more honourable to fail than to cheat
- Know that while brawn & brain may be sold, there must never be a price tag on heart & soul
- And above all Have faith in one’s own ideas & sublime faith in oneself because then alone there can be sublime faith in mankind
Ethos & Values
DCS subscribe to the philosophy that:
The School must expose the children to a holistic education & personality development.
The School must develop the minds of the children and also their physique, their skills, their personality and leadership traits and
create a sense of fellow feeling.
The School must practice a true equality between all students
irrespective of financial status of parents and background or their colour, creed, nationality, religion or race.